Becoming a 4-H Volunteer
Without dedicated 4-H volunteers, we would not have a successful 4-H program!
El Paso County 4-H is always in need of volunteers.
Here are a few examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Club Leaders – Club leaders help the 4-H members run their club. They relay information, collect paperwork, and inspire and motivate our members and other leaders to do great things!
- Project Leaders – Project leaders teach our members about their projects. For example, they provide instruction in things like shooting sports and rocketry.
- Advisory Committee Volunteers – We have six advisory committees that help to plan and manage all of the big 4-H events every year. For example, the Dog Advisory Committee helps to plan our 4-H dog training classes, dog shows and the county fair competition. Our other advisory committees include: Horse, Livestock, Small Animal, Shooting Sports and Tabletop.
- Club, Activity and Event Helpers – Sometimes we need volunteers to help us out with a club or county event. This can include everything from bringing snacks to a 4-H meeting to working at a concession stand during a livestock show. We are always in need of an extra set of hands!
- Chaperones – Our chaperones supervise 4-H members on trips to make sure that they have a fun, safe learning experience.
- County Council Leaders – The County Youth Council is made of up youth from across the county looking to make a big impact on 4-H. The volunteers help guide these young leaders in their work.
* * * * Because we care about the safety and well-being of our 4-H family, new volunteers MUST be registered, have their fees paid and have their training and background check completed and approved before they start working with youth. * * * *
Volunteer E-Learning Course
(Contact our office to gain the needed password)
If you have further questions or need help deciding as to what role you could offer the most assistance, contact our 4-H Program Assistant, Paula Avis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-520-7698.