4-H Members and Families
Purchasing 4-H Literature, Manuals and Supplies
In the fall, your club will place an order for literature, manuals and supplies. You will tell your club leader what you would like to purchase, and give them your money. The shipment of materials will be sent to the club leader's home.
Tips for Success in 4-H!
4-H is a large organization that offers members a lot of different options. Because of this, we realize that 4-H can sometimes be a tad confusing. To help you get settled in, here is a bit of advice:
- Be sure to attend all of your club meetings and ask a lot of questions! Sometimes club leaders forget that the new families might need a bit more guidance, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Read the whole newsletter each month. Keeping on top of emails and newsletters can be a pain, but it will really help you out in the long run. Be sure you receive all communications from the Extension Office by providing accurate information in 4HOnline and updating it as necessary.
- Be aware of the policies. Use the link to the left to read our 4-H policies. Knowing the rules will make your 4-H experience much more enjoyable!
- Know exactly what projects you are enrolled in. You can check this anytime in 4HOnline. Remember, you will only be allowed to compete in the projects that you are enrolled in, and you must complete every project you are enrolled in.
- Part of completing your project is receiving a satisfactory grade on your record book. Don't put your record book off until the last minute. Save yourself some stress and keep your records up to date. This is a good business practice!
- Take advantage of the opportunities you are given. There are so many things to do in 4-H. Make the most of them! Go to camps and conferences, engage in active community service and participate in the competitions.
- If you are planning to compete, be sure you know and understand the competition rules. Study your exhibit and contest requirements far in advance of the competition.
- Don't let finances get in the way. Talk to your club and the 4-H Foundation if you need financial assistance for enrollment, project support or to attend camps and conferences. Know the deadlines and be sure to ask for help in advance!