Shooting Sports Project Page: Last Updated 6/1/2016
El Paso County shooting sports project members can participate in .22 rifle, air rifle, archery, shotgun, muzzleloading, .22 pistol, air pistol and outdoor skills!
Shooting Sports Advisory Committee: Bylaws
The 4-H Shooting Sports Advisory Committee meet the third Saturday of the month at 9:00am. If you are interested in helping the Shooting Sports Advisory Committee plan shooting sports events, please attend our meetings! Watch for our monthly newsletters as meeting dates are subject to change.
- El Paso County Fair Exhibit Requirements
- Colorado State 4-H Contest Requirements
- Colorado State 4-H Shooting Sports Schedule
REQUIRED: Safety Quality Assurance (SQA) & Hunter Education Courses
1) In order to participate in the shooting sports competitions, you must attend one of the two Shooting Sports Safety Orientations offered each year. This requirement is for overall safety purposes.
2) In order to participate in the shooting sports competitions, you must get your hunter education certification! It is good for life, so once you have it, you are done! It typically takes a weekend to do it, so plan ahead. There are courses available at Sports Authority, and if you are in 4-H, they do it for free. You can also check Sportsman’s Warehouse and the Colorado Division of Wildlife for additional classes.
Members (except for those who drive themselves) must be accompanied by a parent at all practices. These practices are open to anyone who is enrolled in 4-H. All practices are supervised by state certified 4-H shooting sports instructors.
Due to the nature of the shooting sports project, there is an additional project fee if you choose to participate in practices or the competition. A schedule and fees will be updated the beginning of Jan 2016.
Please make checks payable to: EPC 4-H Shooting Sports Committee.
Upcoming 4-H Shooting Sports Events
- May 1st - PROJECT ADD/DROP DEADLINE
- June 9th - El Paso County Fair Entry Forms Due by 5PM
- July 16th - 23rd - El Paso County Fair - Calhan, CO
- September 12th - Record Books Due