Spring Gardening Classes
Register online now for CSU Extension gardening and lawn care classes! Classes are held at the Extension office from 2:00 - 4:00 on Tuesdays and are repeated at the new Fountain Creek Nature Center on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30. Cost is only $10!!! Topics include:
- Lowdown on Lawn Care – February 25 and repeated February 27
- Insects, Diseases and Stressors of Woody Plants – March 4 and repeated March 6
- Installing and Maintaining a Drip Irrigation System – March 11 and repeated March 13
- Soil – The Foundation of a Successful Garden – March 18 and repeated March 20
- Composting and Vermicomposting – March 25 and repeated March 27
- Perennials and Bulbs – April 1 and repeated April 3
- Basic Vegetable Gardening – April 8 and repeated April 10
- The Science of Planting Trees plus The History of Trees in the Pikes Peak Region – April 15 and repeated April 17
Wednesday Walk & Talk
Learn from Colorado Master Gardeners in outdoor garden classrooms throughout the county. Wednesday mornings from May through September.
April 23 from 2:00 - 4:00 at Bear Creek Nature Center
April 30 from 2:00 - 4:00 at Monument Library Meeting Room.
Register at Eventbrite.com
Help Desk is OPEN!
The Master Gardener Help Desk is staffed from 9-noon, Monday - Friday.
We are currently located at 305 S. Union (directly across from Memorial Park). A move is planned for mid-April to 17 N. Spruce (near the intersection of I-25 and Bijou).
Help Desk phone: 719-520-7684
If you’re bringing in a grass sample, we need a shoebox size of half-dead, half-alive turf.
If you’re bringing in a tree branch or shrub, we need an 18” piece of half-dead and half-alive.
The Extension Office is open from 8:00am to 5:00 pm, but closed from noon - 1:00 for lunch.